Erica Eckman is a well-known foodie and founder of the brand Everything Erica. She and her…
Rachel Belle is a Birthright Israel
Looking back on her Birthright Israel trip
“I grew up in a Bay Area suburb without a single Jewish friend. So, when I heard about Birthright Israel, I immediately signed up. It was a whirlwind of experience. We had conversations about what Israel meant to us, how proud we were of our Judaism. To this day, I remember my Birthright Israel trip often.”
Barbara’s Matzo Ball Soup
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 2-3 Telma chicken consommé bouillon (optional)
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 2 small or one large parsnip
- 1.5 lbs organic chicken legs
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- 1 package matzo ball mix
- Place stock in large soup pot and cook chicken legs and onion. After the soup comes to a boil, turn down and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables and dill, stems and all. When the chicken is cooked through, remove from the pot and let rest until cool.
- Pull chicken meat off the bones, shred and place back in stock. Return to low simmer and cook until vegetables are tender, skimming any foam off as it cooks.
- While the soup simmers, follow package instructions to make your matzo balls. For best results, boil them in the soup.
- When the matzo balls are fluffy and float to the surface, they’re done.
- Salt soup to taste.
- Serve with the mandel at the table.
Printable Passover Coloring Pages
Get your kids excited for the holiday with Birthright Israel Foundation’s Passover printable coloring pages. When coloring these pages, the Passover story will come alive for your little ones.