Having recently completed a strategic plan, Birthright Israel Foundation is at an exciting point of restructuring and growth. We are therefore looking for talented individuals eager to join a fast-paced, mission-driven, and goal-oriented workplace and have a select number of newly created positions available.
Interested in applying? Contact Samona Sufian, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com, with your cover letter, resume, and the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Birthright Israel Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, offering competitive benefits and personal development opportunities.
Associate Director of StewardshipApply Now firstname.lastname@example.org
The Associate Director of Stewardship is a new position at Birthright Israel Foundation, an essential part of the newly created Principal Gifts department. The Associate Director of Stewardship’s role is to ensure the successful creation and implementation of a strategic stewardship program for the Foundation and elevate the role of stewardship and donor appreciation throughout the Foundation. Working closely with the Vice President of Principal Gifts and the Foundation’s four Regional Vice Presidents, the Associate Director of Stewardship will develop and implement personalized stewardship plans for top donors and comprehensive stewardship strategies for donors at all giving levels.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions unless this causes undue hardship to the organization.
- Vice President of Principal Gifts
- Develop, manage, and execute stewardship programs for all donor levels designed to enhance and strengthen Birthright Israel Foundation’s relationships with donors;
- Work closely with fundraisers to develop and implement personalized high-touch stewardship strategies for major donors;
- Facilitate execution of stewardship by Foundation leadership, board members, and key volunteers;
- Build buy-in and collaborate across entire organization to collect, assess and utilize stewardship assets and repurpose them as needed to maximize donor satisfaction;
- Ensure that details of stewardship plans are compiled and communicated to all involved parties, and that the executed plan is documented, implemented and included in Salesforce;
- Work with Special Events and Regional teams to arrange and oversee stewardship meetings and events;
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communications department to develop and ensure consistency among stewardship communications and materials;
- Work with stakeholders across the Foundation to create a menu of recognition opportunities to be strategically leveraged with key and prospective funders.
- Work with Institutional Giving department on communications to foundations to ensure that they are kept up-to-date on the use and impact of their gifts;
- Identify and implement best practices to ensure that stewardship programs are in line with professional standards and meet donor expectations;
- Evaluate outcomes and effectiveness of stewardship programs, events, and/or other recognition activities;
- Other tasks and duties reasonably related to job responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
Skills and/or Experience Required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in fundraising or a related role, preferably with significant stewardship responsibilities at a large and complex nonprofit organization;
- Deep understanding of key principles of major gift fundraising;
- Demonstration of exceptional skills in written and verbal communications;
- Highly energetic, positive, and proactive approach;
- Keen understanding of donor needs and requirements;
- Collaborative work style and ability to influence people across an organization and external partners to drive results;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting requests and fast paced work environment;
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus;
- A passion for Jewish engagement and the mission of Birthright Israel Foundation.
- Regularly required to speak clearly and hear the spoken word well;
- Regularly required to physically operate routine office equipment such as telephones, computers, etc;
- Regularly required to utilize near vision ability to read data and documents, including spreadsheets and reports, in printed form and on computer screens;
- Ability to travel and valid driver's license.
- Noise level is consistent with levels usually present in an office environment.
- Hazards present are consistent with those common to an office environment.