Having recently completed a strategic plan, Birthright Israel Foundation is at an exciting point of restructuring and growth. We are therefore looking for talented individuals eager to join a fast-paced, mission-driven, and goal-oriented workplace and have a select number of newly created positions available.
Interested in applying? Contact Samona Sufian, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com, with your cover letter, resume, and the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Birthright Israel Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, offering competitive benefits and personal development opportunities.
Strategic Partnerships AssociateApply Now firstname.lastname@example.org
The Strategic Partnerships Associate will support Birthright Israel Foundation's Strategic Partnerships department, focused on strategic engagement with external partners including synagogues and Federations. The position is an excellent mid-level opportunity for an individual interested in building their skill-set at one of the premier Jewish and Israel education organizations in the nonprofit world.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions unless this causes undue hardship to the organization.
- Associate Vice President of Strategic Partnerships
- Work closely with AVP of Strategic Partnerships to support departmental strategy and activities;
- Work with AVP of Strategic Partnerships, Institutional Giving Team, and Regional Fundraisers to support and strengthen Federation relationships;
- Manage and support key communications and relationships with Jewish Federations across North America;
- Lead the strategic plan to review our relationship with JFNA network and the individual Federations;
- Implement, manage and build upon the Synagogue engagement strategy;
- Partner with the AVP of Strategic Partnerships to identify conferences, summits, and gatherings appropriate for Foundation engagement, presence and brand building;
- Manage the Foundation's presence at conference, summits and gatherings;
- Manage Foundation and Taglit-Birthright Israel conference calendars;
- Prepare and staff as needed for conferences;
- Perform data entry (using the Foundation's Salesforce database) and pull reports on departmental efforts as they relate to engagement of Synagogues and Federations;
- Perform administrative tasks including preparing and sending mailings, compiling meeting materials, and scheduling appointments;
- Willing to travel several times a year for conferences and other Foundation events;
- Other tasks reasonably related to job responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree
Skills and/or Experience Required
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in related field;
- Demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm for the Jewish nonprofit sector;
- Skilled in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus;
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Highly energetic, positive, and proactive approach;
- Ability to prioritize and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting requests and fast paced work environment;
- Ability to work independently and create and adhere to deadlines;
- A passion for Jewish engagement and the mission of Birthright Israel Foundation.
- Regularly required to speak clearly and hear the spoken word well;
- Regularly required to physically operate routine office equipment such as telephones, computers, etc;
- Regularly required to utilize near vision ability to read data and documents, including spreadsheets and reports, in printed form and on computer screens.
- Ability to travel and valid driver's license.
- Noise level is consistent with levels usually present in an office environment.
- Hazards present are consistent with those common to an office environment.
Salary commensurate with experience