Birthright Israel Foundation is always looking for talented individuals eager to further the mission of Birthright Israel: providing the gift of a 10-day educational trip to Israel for young Jewish adults between the ages of 18 and 26.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offer competitive benefits (including personal development opportunities), and were voted one of the top 50 nonprofits to work for in 2015 and 2016 by The NonProfit Times.
Interested in applying? Contact Samona Sufian, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com, with your cover letter, resume, references, and the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Institutional Giving Specialist Location: New York
Date Posted: May 2017
Institutional Giving SpecialistApply Now firstname.lastname@example.org
Support, strengthen, and grow Birthright Israel Foundation’s work with Jewish federations, foundation funders, and other institutional giving partners. Work closely with the Institutional Giving and Strategic Partnership department and other members of the Development team to ensure effective communication of information to donors, to maximize opportunities for new solicitations or gift renewals, and to participate in efforts to achieve annual fund raising goals. Participate in the ongoing stewardship of Institutional Giving partners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions unless this causes undue hardship to the organization.
- Draft key communications with Jewish federations as well as major foundations through report, proposal, and letter writing;
- Manage a portfolio of professional foundations, including the stewardship of foundations and other institution giving partners, through written and verbal communication;
- Research and identify new prospective foundations and initiate contact with foundation stakeholders;
- Track institutional giving efforts through Salesforce (Moves Management) and the ability to create extensive reports;
- Request and record applicant and participant data from Birthright Israel;
- In coordination with the Senior Institutional Giving Specialist, support the implementation of other activities within the Institutional Giving and Strategic Partnership department;
- May be assigned other tasks and duties reasonably related to job responsibilities.
- Bachelors degree required.
Skills and/or Experience Required
- 3+ years related experience;
- Ideal candidate will have experience with Salesforce or similar donor database software;
- Excellent business writing, proposal writing and editing skills;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively present information to major donors, foundation professionals, top management and staff;
- Excellent attention to detail, responsiveness, and creative problem solving skills;
- Skilled at multi-tasking; able to organize, manage, prioritize, and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities or unexpected situations;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Team player;
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- High level of discretion.
- Regularly required to speak clearly;
- Regularly required to physically operate routine office equipment such as telephones, computers, etc.;
- Regularly required to utilize near vision ability to read data and documents, including spreadsheets and reports, in printed form and on computer screens;
- Ability to travel and valid government issued identification.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Ability to solve practical and intellectual problems utilizing principles of logical reasoning;
- Ability to work within general guidelines and minimal supervision;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities or unexpected situations;
- Ability to recognize the need for confidentiality of information and to maintain such confidence.
- Noise level is consistent with levels usually present in an office environment.
- Hazards present are consistent with those common to an office environment.