Birthright Israel Foundation is always looking for talented individuals eager to further the mission of Birthright Israel: providing the gift of a 10-day educational trip to Israel for young Jewish adults between the ages of 18 and 26.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offer competitive benefits (including personal development opportunities), and were voted one of the top 50 nonprofits to work for in 2015 and 2016 by The NonProfit Times.
Interested in applying? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter, resume, references, and the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Associate Regional Director, West Location: Los Angeles
Date Posted: January 2017
Associate Regional Director, WestApply Now email@example.com
To significantly increase the current revenue derived from the fundraising efforts in the Western Region on behalf of the Birthright Israel Foundation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions unless this causes undue hardship to the organization.
- Develop resources and relationships in Western communities, including identification of donor prospects, donor research, cultivation and stewardship of donors and planning and coordination of events in partnership with the Events & Engagement teams;
- Work with Regional Director of West to identify and solicit new donors focusing specifically on donors of $3,000 and above;
- Increase the overall dollars raised in the region year over year with clearly set targets to be determined with National Leadership;
- Coordinate with the national development team to achieve the fundraising goals of the organization;
- Solicit gifts and obtain increase donations;
- Co-staff the Los Angeles Leadership Council and Western committees leading up to the major community events;
- Stage solicitation opportunities for the Regional Director of West, President and key Birthright Israel lay leadership in the region;
- Plan, coordinate and attend donor cultivation events in assigned areas and others as needed;
- Other tasks and duties reasonably related to job responsibilities.
- BA degree required, MA degree preferred.
Skills and/or Experience Required
- 7 years fundraising experience;
- A passion for Jewish engagement;
- An entrepreneurial spirit;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Team Player;
- Event planning skills;
- Good computer skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, responsiveness, and creative problem solving skills;
- Strong business writing and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information to donors, top management and staff;
- Skilled at multi-tasking — able to organize, prioritize and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities or unexpected situations;
- High level of discretion.
- Position will be based in Los Angeles with travel required to other cities in the region and valid driver's license.