Director of GrantsApply Now email@example.com
Support, strengthen, and grow Birthright Israel Foundation’s work with foundation funders and other institutional giving partners. As directed by Associate Vice President of Institutional Giving collaborate with the national and regional team members to explore and pursue funding opportunities through written grant proposals and reports. Work with the Institutional Giving department and assigned fundraising manager to ensure effective solicitation proposals and ongoing communication of required information to institutional donors, to maximize opportunities for new solicitations or gift renewals, and to participate in efforts to achieve annual fundraising goals. Participate in the ongoing stewardship of Institutional Giving partners as required. If you are interested in applying for the position, please send resumé, writing sample and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions unless this causes undue hardship to the organization.
- Associate Vice President of Institutional Giving
- Manage and develop key communications with major foundations through report, proposal, and letter writing, taking a lead role in many complex grants;
- Partner with other members of the Institutional Giving department and National Campaign team to effectively maintain grants and proposals to increase campaign revenues;
- Assist in establishing and maintaining relationships with foundation professionals and other advisors;
- Participate in growing the portfolio of professional foundations, including the stewardship of foundations and other institution giving partners, through written and verbal communication;
- Liaise with management and top management, including the CEO and President and the Chief Financial Officer and others to create budgets and reports for reports and proposals;
- Mark and track institutional giving efforts through Salesforce (Grants Management);
- Create extensive reports in Salesforce;
- Support the Associate Vice President of Institutional Giving as requested;
- Manage requests and records kept on applicant and participant data from Birthright Israel;
- May be assigned other tasks and duties reasonably related to job responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Master's Degree Preferred
Skills and/or Experience Required
- Minimum 4 years related experience;
- Excellent business writing, proposal writing and editing skills;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively present information to major donors, foundation professionals, top management and staff;
- Excellent attention to detail, responsiveness, and creative problem solving skills;
- Skilled at multi-tasking; able to organize, manage, prioritize, and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities or unexpected situations;
- Experience with Salesforce or similar donor database software;
- Superior professional presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Highly motivated and ability to work with independently while also supporting a team;
- Team player;
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office, including: Excel, Outlook, and Word;
- High level of discretion.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Ability to solve practical and intellectual problems utilizing principles of logical reasoning;
- Ability to work within general guidelines and minimal supervision;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities or unexpected situations;
- Ability to recognize the need for confidentiality of information and to maintain such confidence.
- Regularly required to speak clearly;
- Regularly required to physically operate routine office equipment such as telephones, computers, etc.
- Regularly required to utilize near vision ability to read data and documents, including spreadsheets and reports, in printed form and on computer screens;
- Ability to travel and valid government issued identification.
- Noise level is consistent with levels usually present in an office environment.
- Hazards present are consistent with those common to an office environment.