How to Apply
We are no longer reviewing applications for our 2023 Birthright Israel Foundation Alum Ambassador program, but we encourage you to apply to be considered for future cohorts. Each year, Birthright Israel Foundation (BRIF) and its Board of Directors choose a select group of alum from the Birthright Israel, Onward Israel, and Excel programs to represent the Foundation. Alum Ambassadors are awarded a $1,500 stipend for their time, and all travel expenses are covered. Those chosen will have the opportunity to meet with the movers and shakers of the Jewish-Israel nonprofit world and help shape the future of Birthright Israel Foundation.
To be considered for an Alum Ambassador role, you must complete 3 steps: review our policies, fill out the application questions, and lastly submit a 2–3-minute video about how your Israel experience impacted your life.
To receive the stipend, ambassadors must attend three events during this time and prove their participation in various digital media efforts. Birthright Israel Foundation will recognize this group on our website, and those selected will receive a certificate of participation.
Details About the Program
Event Speaking and Attendance
- All Ambassadors will serve as the keynote alum speaker for a minimum of 3 events throughout the year.
- Ambassadors must be able to travel for a minimum of 2 days to attend the event(s).
- Birthright Israel Foundation will work with you on crafting your speech and messaging for the audience.
- All travel-related expenses are covered by BRIF.
Perks of Being an Alum Ambassador
- Network with today’s top Jewish lay leaders and leaders of Birthright Israel and Birthright Israel Foundation.
- Your involvement will firsthand help ensure the future of Birthright Israel’s programs for generations to come.
- Grow your skillset and develop your personal and professional network.